Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Tidbits...

My son had his first baseball game on Saturday. Ahhh the chill of the wind off the Puget Sound. Nothing like a early afternoon baseball game in Edmonds, WA. It was a entertaining game. Most of the kids had never played baseball before so it was fun. My son went 2-2 & scored a run in a 10-10 tie. Granted both teams had two at bats & 5 run limits per inning. It was great. He had a hit on the first pitch that he saw, jogged to first, then on the next batter got lost on his way to second. His second hit, he ran to first ( after I suggested that someone was chasing him ) & found his way to second with a temporary stop in between to clap. ( During his time on defense, he was standing on second base, so coach drew a line to show him where the second baseman plays... that led to him stopping on that line when he was the runner, thinking that was second base. ) After that delay, he made it to second. Then on his way to third, a couple boys on the opposite team was blocking the way so he was prepared to wait til they moved. We had to yell for him to run around them. On the next hit he made a nice run & slide into home plate. He was very excited. It was a blast to watch.
That evening we did the Kilt & Mini Bash. It wasn't as fun as the last one we went to. They didn't have the contests, they didn't have a irish band playing for most of the evening ( like the last time ) & no seats down by the dance floor. It was like just going to a dance club where everyone is wearing kilts & minis. A little disappointing... I could go on, but I wont bore you with my griping. Though we came very close to watching some live action... little straddling going on, on a couch we had once occupied. We decided that after a few hours, that it was time to abandon the fun. I had to wake up early the next day anyway.
Baseball practice went surprisingly well. We actually had 13 of us show. I think that is the most we have had since the first practice I attended a couple of years back. We met the new players & I'm excited about the upcoming season. We had 3 players for each infield position & most of us can do double duty in the outfield. It was a great showing & the potential for a great season is there. Well I better get back to work... enough rambling. Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment