Rest Day!! Which made it hard again to wake up. I think on rest days I'm going to wake up at normal time & do something other than workout, just to get the body going in the morning. Who knew that a extra hour & a half of sleep would throw me off so.
Mistakes... Yesterday was a day full of fun errors. It was the first time that the wife & I had to be in two different places at the same time. Our son had baseball practice & our daughter had orchestra. Since I have trouble watching baseball practice, I decided to chauffeur my daughter around. She had a project due in a couple of days & of course, like all teenagers, put it off til the last minute. Granted that the information was passed on to my wife a few weeks back, the stubbornness of both wife & daughter led to the trips to the store not happening. So here I was yesterday running around to various stores looking for items that were tough to find. Turns out a lot of other kids had put it off to the last minute & was looking for the same items we were. The first store we went to had a fun little argument between the employees while we were in the store. The male employee was trying to help two little hotties with a disposable type cellphone. The lady employee was convince what they wanted was not possible by store rules. The girls ended up leaving pissed because of "store rules". The male employee then ripped the female employee a new one while we were in the store shopping. Turns out after a few phone calls... he was right & had lost his sale. Plus the chance to help two out of town hotties. We ended up getting the rest of our needs at other stores.
Mistake #2... I happened to be following a female who, from behind, was a glory to follow. Not even thinking of my surroundings. When I got to where I was going, it turned out that... not only did I know the girl, but her mom & brother. She was well under the age I thought she was & didn't even recognized her. Talk about feeling embarrassed!! Luckily no one knew why except for me.
Mistake #3... Remember when we were in school & chewing gum in class was not allowed?? Well I finally found out why... hehe... Sitting in my daughters orchestra performance ( Which was surprisingly excellent!! ) I was chewing this piece of gum. Apparently this brand I was chewing is really sticky & after a few bubbles I noticed it was sticking to my lips. It was also losing flavor. So I did what any "normal" person would. Instead of finding a paper to wrap it in, or worst case scenario, swallow it. I took it out of my mouth & tried to ball it up so I could hide it somewhere. But... it's fricken sticky... so when I looked down, it was all over my hands. I looked like a 3 year old chewing gum for the first time. All over both palms, back of the hands, in between fingers... WTF?? So I did what I could to get it off of me. I rubbed it into the rug, spit on my hands & rubbed them together until it felt like I was starting a fire. Eventually I got my hands as clean as I could, but there is a bunch of gum now on the rug in the orchestra room. I think my daughter is going to check today if its still there since I told her the story last night after the concert.
Mistake #4... Ice cream. After the concert, the students had ice cream. Apparently since the crowd was small, there was going to be some left over for parents. This created a little dilemma for me. I didn't want ice cream, well I wanted it, just didn't NEED it. But when my daughter asked me if I wanted some, I figured that one scoop wouldn't hurt. I said "yes". Apparently I misheard my daughter. I ended up SERVING ice cream. I managed to sneak a scoop in at the end. That was my afternoon/evening. I also returned a heart rate monitor that was pissing me off & got a new one with a chest strap, but nothing entertaining happened then. Til next time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment