I would say about 10 years ago, McDonalds did breakfast bagels. One with ham, there was another bagel ( don't know what kind, wanna say some jalepeno type with ham ) & a steak, egg & cheese one. I was working down in Ballard at the time which only lasted a year, but during that time we were hitting McDonalds every morning for a steak, egg & cheese bagel. We had a couple of workers from Bosnia & they pronounced it with a accent & that just added to the fun of ordering it. Steach, edge & cheese baagell. So thats how we ordered them. Why am I writing about this?? Well they discontinued the bagel after that year & it was heartbreaking. I don't understand why, it was one of the best breakfast sandwiches EVER!! They replaced it with that waffle bunned breakfast sandwich they have now. Can't believe that piece of shit has lasted longer than the SEC bagel.
Back to the reason for this post... The pops brought in the same meat they used for the SEC bagel, which gives me a chance to duplicate this wonderful breakfast. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I take full advantage of it. I made 3 this morning, not just for me, but I could've eaten all 3. I introduced the amazing taste of the SEC to 3 good friends, the last one even halfed hers with me. I called it my last hurrah. Next week starts my 12 week thing & I wont get a chance to indulge in the great SEC bagels, so it was nice to have it on my last day. I'm hoping to have a few more of my favorites over the weekend before Monday rolls around. Ohhh just in case you are wondering what the SEC bagel consists of... here is how I do it...
1 steak fillet ( its a thin piece that I use for Philly Steak sandwiches & they are designed to be broken up like ground beef )
2 eggs scrambled & shaped into a square
1 slice american cheese ( placed on the egg )
sauteed onions with black pepper
mayo with a little mustard mixed in - coat both sides of a sliced bagel with the spread, place the steak on the bottom with a little scoop of the onions, then the egg & cheese, then the bagel top to finish off the sandwich... ENJOY!!
Mmmm....
Til next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment