Ahh Monday back at work. The old, " I came to work to rest." statement seems true today. Friday we all headed down to the Great Wolf Lodge. The wife & I took our kids, a friend of our daughter, & our niece & nephew down. Seemed like a good idea & in the end it was... but during... ohhh!! My niece & nephew had a birthday a few weeks back & we decided it would be fun to take them down to the GWL for a fun water park experience. They absolutely loved it. Granted it took a little coaxing to get them down some of the big slides, but by the end of the second day, they were all over the place. That made it hard on the wife & I, trying to keep track of all 5 kids. Lets just say by the time Saturday was over, my migraine was killing. I think it was the cross between keeping up with the kids, the chlorine & all the noise in this indoor water park. I tried to stick it out but in the end, I couldn't. So we left a little earlier than planned. We did have a couple of hiccups before we could leave, but its not worth getting into. Lets just say that my wife tends to make our trips exciting.
We left the GWL Saturday afternoon & dropped off the kids with my parents. The wife & I then headed to The Irishmen for a nice little Irish breakfast I had been craving. I figured this was my last weekend to indulge in my vices... food wise. Plus The Irishmen is a great little pub with some great food. They had entertainment there that night that really set the mood too.
Sunday, was supposed to be a baseball scrimmage, but two things kept me from attending. One was the weekend I had already experienced. Second was the fact that I thought it was a later game. I got all ready thinking I had to be there by 10, so when I checked the email for where, I noticed that I was already 20 minutes late. The wife grumbled at me & went back to bed.
We ended up taking the long way to pick up the kids, stopping so I could get some pictures of the nice sunny day. Then in the evening we went & caught a free show. My sister, her boyfriend, the wife & I went & watched No Duh. They are a tribute band to my favorite band of all time... No Doubt. That capped my weekend off perfectly.
So here it is... Monday. I have started my new 12 week program & so far, I think I can do it. I've got the motivation. I promise I'll tell you more when I have more time. I need to get back to work!! Til next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment