Friday, March 26, 2010
Yesterday...
I had my afternoon all planned. Watching the Huskies at 4:27 p.m. then switching to the Sounders F.C. at 6 p.m. It worked out great. U.W. was losing the basketball game so it did allow me to watch the pre-game for the Sounders. I took a lot of crap because I posted on Facebook that I would rather watch the soccer game at home, then to be in the pouring rain. I don't mind the rain, it was just everything that would come with me going to the game that adds up to make my experience at home much more pleasurable. First there is buying the tickets. We have to decided if its just going to be the wife & I or are we bringing the kids. It's a huge decision because it determines where we sit & how much are we willing to pay. Then there is getting down there. How early should we go, should we eat before heading down, head down early then eat, or eat at the stadium ( EXPENSIVE!! )?? Then there is parking, where & how much are we spending, how far do we have to walk ( Especially if the kids are with us )?? Dealing with the rain, people around you, bathroom breaks & waiting in line... All those things to take into consideration. Then of course there is leaving the stadium. Win or lose, we are dealing with sitting in traffic, crazy fans leaving the stadium, people walking in front of your car & not paying attention... I'm getting frustrated just writing all these things down. So in the end... watching it in the comfort of my own home, on HD, with my fridge 5 short steps away & bathroom 2 steps... I was happy. I even let my son play some games & I watched the game upstairs on HD, laying in a nice warm comfortable bed. I'll take that over the "EXPERIENCE" anyday. Don't get me wrong, I want to have the Sounder F.C. EXPERIENCE... the whole shebang. The march to the stadium & all that jazz... just not on a rainy Seattle weekday afternoon. I will someday & maybe I'll change my tune. But until then, I think I like my argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment