That's what I posted up on all the telephone poles in my area. Of course it had a picture of the gloves under the caption, a $30 reward if found. Actually I didn't, but I felt like it.
After the game Tuesday night, I couldn't find my gloves. Its weird because of several things. #1. Because of the H1N1 scare, the G.S.H.L. made it a point to have us wear our gloves during the traditional post game handshake/fist bump. So all season long, I had my gloves on after the game. Except this one... after the final stop, I threw my gloves behind the bench with the sticks & went out for the celebration. I picked up my stick, don't remember if the gloves were picked up, but I assumed it was. I also grabbed the puck bag since it was by me & I could carry extra things. ( Do you think it was because my hands weren't full with my gloves still behind the bench?? )
#2 The small locker room made it very crowded so our gear was all over the place. Though I tried to keep things together, I was pretty spread out in between two other teammates.
#3 A teammate & I have pretty much the same gloves, with very little noticeable differences. So he could've packed it up into his bag along with his gloves by accident. Since he was seated directly to my left.
#4 The teammate directly to my right, packed up his gear & forgot his gloves by my stuff. I saw them, told him about it & he picked his gloves up & put them in his bag. Had I noticed that my gloves were missing then, I would've had him check his bag. Instead I let him go... Now that I think back... If he thought he had already packed up his gloves, he probably packed up mine & then I pointed out that he left his gloves, which he then slid into his bag without seeing if my gloves were in there.
So with all that being said. I did track down the guy that had the similar gloves & he checked his bag, albeit half-assed ( In my opinion ) since he was already in his vehicle & his bag was in the back in the dark. "NOPE!! Sorry!!" - "O.k., well thanks for checking..."
I then texted the other guy... nothing in return... yet. I sent out a team email... nothing in return... yet. Then this morning I emailed the rink in hopes that some good Samaritan turned them in. Nothing on that... yet. In the mean time I was able to find my old gloves & I'm going to be using them on Sunday. Even though the desire to order a new pair & have them shipped to me QUICKLY was also a option. But I'll just buy those gloves later since season is just about over. I loved those gloves & will be getting the same pair. RBK 9Ks!! Well that was my dilemma for the past day... How much a pair of hockey gloves cause me soo much grief!! Til next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment