I know, I know... what kind of title is that?? Well thats what went on this weekend. I'll start off with that, then go into my workout from today. It was killer... UGH!!
Hockey - The G.S.H.L. Spring Tournament was this past weekend. We combined the Icelagers & Black Katz together to form the LagerKatz. The team was good, I must admit, we had some players. But we had no idea where we would be placed & how good the other teams were going to be. Game #1 - Friday @ 9:15 p.m. vs. a team from Tri-Cities. Wow!! I guess there isn't much to do there execpt play hockey, if you are a hockey player. The team was outstanding. They man handled us. This team could pass & man, they could block passing lanes as well as shots. It was a clinic. But apparently they were only like this against us, but still...
Game #2 - Sat. 2:30 p.m. - What a difference a day makes... We jumped out to a 5-2 lead before winning 6-5. We let up in the 3rd, but kept them from winning the game. It was a great game for me, being it was my sons birthday, I scored 2 goals & had a assist for a 3 point game.
Game #3 - Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - We were going up against a 0-2 team, a win would get us into championship game. What did we do?? Did we come out on fire like the previous game?? Or did we play down to our competition?? If you said #2, then you'd be right. We had a 2-1 lead when we let them back in with 2 soft goals. Soft because they shouldn't have been goals. They weren't breakaways or great wristshots or hard slapshots. They were weak shots that should've been prevented. Don't get me wrong, I ain't placing the blame on certain people, we all take the blame. I was on the ice for one of those goals, so I'm guilty too. I'm just sayin...
So that free'd up the afternoon for me to make my sons birthday party...
Birthday - May 1st was officially my sons 5th birthday. But our schedule had us so busy, we couldn't officially celebrate it then... We had to get my daughter to her orchestra competition @ 11 a.m. ( Thank you to my mom for helping us out with that, just sorry we had to miss it ) My son had a baseball game @ 11:30 a.m. Then we had to pick up our daughter, get lunch, then make it to soccer. While at the park, my son was able to eat & open his gifts before playing his first soccer game. He scored the first goal for his team, so very proud. Oh!! He also went 1-2 & had a put out at 3rd in his baseball game. So while we were watching his soccer game, I was on the sidelines putting on my hockey gear for my game @ 2:30 p.m. It must've looked weird for the other parents to see that. But that helped me stay later to watch the game & then hurry to make my game. Sunday we celebrated his birthday. It was a last minute thing. Apparently another boy in his daycare shares the same birthday so his mom called & offered to share a party @ Jump Planet. The party went good. I wasn't there for the first part of it since I had a hockey game, but I was able to get my stinky ass there in time for the cake & presents. He had a great weekend & thats all that mattered.
Erotic Art - Saturday night, we experienced S.E.A.F. for the first time. What is it?? It's the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival. It was great!! We enjoyed ourselves a lot. There was a lot of great art & people watching at its best. I would go into detail of the event, but there is a no picture rule so I'm making this a no details post. But it is worth it. There was art, dancing & various "shows"... not what you are thinking... but that could've happened later after we left. People were dressed, or not dressed, depending on how you look at it... in really cool outfits & it was well worth the price of admission. Which for us, was free... thanks to a good friend of mine!! We are definitely going back next year. Click on the link above if you want more details...
Oh before I forget...
Workout - UGH!! Today was tough. First off, I was disappointed with my weekend. My goal, with all the hockey I was playing, was to get to the 180's by Monday. That didn't happen. I was actually back up again to 196 lbs. UGH!! So I hit it hard this morning on the first day of the new plan for the next two weeks. It was brutal. 3 sets of the exercises, 1-5 reps... then set #4 - 25 reps... It is expected for you to lower the weights so you can make it the whole 25. But it's still brutal!! I woke up a half & hour earlier ( 3:30 a.m. ) just because I didn't know how long it would take me to do this. I'm glad I did & my alarm is now set at that time... UGH!! But it'll all be worth it in the end!! Well I better get back to work... Til next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment