Monday, June 14, 2010

Sun & Rain...

Weekend was upon us. All week I had been craving a maple bar from a particular donut place that had been featured in the news up here in Seattle. You can read more here... CLICK!! So finally on Friday, I decided to go & get one myself. Boy was I happily surprised. If you clicked & read the story I'm refferring to, then you know why I had to test taste one. I wanted to know if it was worth breaking & entering the building at 3 a.m. & I must say, though I wouldn't break in, I can understand WANTING one at that moment. Fresh baked!! Are you serious?? It was worth it.
Now onto different matters... My parents celebrated 34 years of marraige on Sat. We celebrated it on Friday night with a family dinner. Hawaiian food... Mmmm ono!! Plus they had live local music. So that was a added bonus. They even played a song for my parents... awww!! My daughter did miss the dinner because she was attending a school dance with her first official... "date".
Saturday was a day of sports. My son had soccer then baseball again. I was supposed to have a game early Saturday evening, but it was postponed. Good thing I didn't drive all the way down there. It was waaaay down south & I wasn't going to be attending it in the first place, so imagine my relief when I saw it was postponed & rescheduled. It's all good though... instead of playing baseball, I caught up on the workouts I missed last week. A good 2 & a half hours in the garage lifting weights... Just the way I like to spend my Saturday night!! <--- being sarcastic!! But it was better than some alternatives.
Sunday came way to quick. My son had another baseball game... I know, back to back... WTF?? The positive... its the second to the last game. So just another weekend of this & we are done... for now. So that was my weekend at a glance.
Finally this morning, I was able to wake up early... it's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to get back to my routine & it felt great. The only problem is that I was making up for missing Saturdays workout, so now this afternoon I have to make up todays. ( What?? Didn't you workout Saturday?? YES!! But I was making up Thursdays & Fridays... ) WTF?? I thought you were on the ball?? I was... but then something happened. What?? I don't know. But after today, I'll be all caught up & it'll be all good!! Ok... I better be heading back to the grind... Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment