Friday, June 11, 2010

March To The Match...

Yesterday was a fun day. Birthday of a good friend of mine. But we kind of screwed the pooch on our tradition. Since our birthdays are 3 days apart, she calls me on mine & then 3 days later I call her on hers. It's been great because we live far apart, she in Hawaii & me in Washington. So since I moved away it has been a fun tradition, a tradition that shows how much we care about each other. It's a special few minutes of the day. We've had a few hiccups along the way, but we always manage to talk. On Monday, I get a email from her saying that she wasn't able to find my number, she got a new phone. Yesterday, I had set a time of the day aside for her, but then found myself running late & couldn't make the call. So hopefully today we'll be able to make it work.
So why was I running late?? Funny you should ask...
I finally found myself with the time to actually make a Seattle Sounders F.C. game. I've had a couple of chances, but always had something going on to screw it up. Obviously those "other" things were important... kids baseball games, my hockey games, time with the wife... Yesterday was perfect. The wife had a prior engagement, the kids were taken cared of & I had the evening to go & watch soccer. So when I was supposed to be calling my friend, I was hurrying to get my job done so we could leave ASAP to head down to Seattle. We carpooled down to a local bar, met some fellow Sounder supporters, had a few drinks & chanted. I then got to experience the March to the Match. Sounder fans meet up a few blocks away from the stadium & do a march to the stadium while chanting & it's a blast. You can learn the words & arm movements pretty quickly & once you do its fun to join in & show your support. The game itself was fun, we did lose 3-2. But the experience was amazing. I did miss both Sounders goals, since they couldn't do anything in the first 80 mins. I decided to visit the team shop so I wouldn't hold my friends up at the end of the game. The Sounders then thought it would be a good idea to score while I wasn't there to experience the crowd go bananas. Oh well... next time. It was fun & if you haven't experienced it, I definitely recommend it. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment